Friday, July 27, 2012

Fab 5: MIA Blogger

So, you will be relieved to learn that I am not actually Missing in Action!  Just blessed beyond belief (BBB for short....) with great clients the past few months!  So, it seemed only fitting that for July's Fab 5, I'll be giving you a recap!

Fab 5: Where have you been?

1) Moving a "Fabulous Couple"
Earlier this summer, I had the excellent opportunity to work with a young couple that bought their first home!  They were also celebrating their first wedding anniversary abroad and already had the trip booked during their impending move.  What is a Fabulous Couple to do?  Call in reinforcements!  While they were away, I coordinated new floors installation, electrical updates and refreshed the paint.  On move day, they left for work from their current residence and came home to their new house.  Everything was set in place and ready to use.  I couldn't have done it without my team of awesome movers.  We are working now to spruce up some of their formal spaces!


2) New Projects!
I'm working with a hip Austin resident to "Keep Austin Chic!"  I like weird as much as the next gal, but I much prefer a chic living space.  The guy that inhabits these walls has a great style and isn't afraid to mix styles to create something that has an Austin vibe.  Above is the progress on his dining space.  I see poker nights in his near future!

It's no secret that I adore working on rooms for the pint size population, but I was able to expand my horizons to create an awesome space for a Teenage Gal.  The whole family is so full of life and I loved being a part of this spruce up.  Here is a small sneak peak.  I'll post more pictures later, but I can't give away everything here!


3) Sprucing up HQ for BR Interior Designs

One of my favorite phrases to describe my house is "The cobblers children have no shoes...."  Don't get me wrong, I love, love my abode, but as a designer I know there are so many projects that have yet to come to fruition. I keep them tucked nicely in my head and the second I get a few extra dollars (or let’s be frank...when my husband goes out of town...) I execute a few projects.  My latest overhaul is in my office... AKA "BRHQ"  The image above is just a teaser of one of the great elements.

4) Winning!

I won an award for my Hip Family Dining Room Project!  I am honored to be named alongside great Dallas designers with an Honorable Mention by American Society of Interior Designers in their Design Ovation Awards.  I continue to be so proud of the spaces I design and receiving outside recognition is stellar.  Check out the list of other winners as well!

5) Dwell with Dignity
Charity work is something I am very passionate about.  After all, I am BBB, so I think its necessary to spread the love around and to stay constantly thankful for everything in my life.  What better way than to share my talent and passion!  I've mentioned Dwell with Dignity before and most recently I'm working on a team from the American Society of Interior Designers to complete an apartment install for a family on a journey toward a fresh start.  Check out their website!

I promise to be a better blogger, but if you find yourself needing a design fix, check me out on other media too!
Twitter   I   Facebook   I   Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment